Director Business Development (International eCommerce)
We are looking for Director, Business Development to build relationships and provide strategic direction to help the company grow and profit. They will focus on building and guiding relationships both internally and externally with sales and marketing teams, vendors and distributors, and customers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and own end-to-end high-impact strategic alliances and partnerships with leading players in priority segments
- leads sales and client-relationship management, tracks new markets and emerging trends, recommends new products and services, proposes and develops new strategic partnerships, writes proposals and plans, and guides long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements.
- Actively assess potential solution / product constructs for priority segments, and partnership opportunities to take them to market
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with product and marketing teams to help create and deliver new products for customers
- Work closely with the product and tech teams to build strategic platforms / products within the company
- Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and build strong personal relationships with prospects
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it’s outside of your area and be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- At least 6-8 years- prior experience in business development / entrepreneurship / strategy in International Market
- Experience in B2B products / services preferred in International Market
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Needs to be able to experiment at high speed – take decisions independently, get things done, and course correct rapidly
- Should also understand how to leverage technology to stay ahead of competitors. Knowing what software and automation platforms are available in the industry and picking the ones that best fit the organization are a must.