In this technically advanced world, most businesses understand the basic concept of SEO and its use to rank a website ahead of the others. However, do all businesses know how to use SEO strategy efficiently? Unfortunately, the answer is ‘No’ Building a sound SEO strategy doesn’t only include creating content around keywords that your audience is searching for. It takes too much time and is not that effective, either. In this blog, we will discuss how to construct a profound SEO strategy to rank a website at the top of a search list?
What Is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Strategy?
SEO strategy is the process of arranging a website’s content by topics to help search engines like Google understand a user’s intent when searching. When you optimize a website around a few topics and then keywords within that topic, you create a way to increase your expertise in the eyes of a search engine, which eventually helps your website to rank above others. For this task, a business needs a team of people called Search Engine Optimizers (SEOs). These are people who optimize a website to make it rank well on the search engines and receive more ‘organic traffic’ Basically, SEOs are highly qualified content strategists who help a business deliver answers to the queries users are searching on search engines.
SEOs can use one or all of the following SEO strategies to deliver the results –
- On-page SEO – This SEO strategy focuses on the content that’s published on the page along with how to optimize that content to improve the website’s ranking for particular keywords.
- Off-page SEO – This SEO strategy is used to focus on the links directing to the website from external sources on the internet. These backlinks, plus the number of external sources that carry these links that connect to your website, help you establish trust with search engines. Consequently, your website ranks high on the search list.
- Technical SEO – This SEO strategy examines the layout of a website to see how the webpages are set up technically. Google, or any other search engine, pays as much importance to a website’s codes as to its content. Honing this strategy is quite important to improve a website's ranking.
Not to mention, not every business can optimize its website in the same way, nor it’s needed. Therefore every team of SEOs follows the SEO strategy that suits them best. Usually, a qualified team of SEOs examines the industry, reads what’s essential for their audience, and develops an SEO strategy that shows the right content to their audience.
With that said, here are four quick tips that may help you build a profound SEO strategy for your business –
- Prepare a list of topics – Keywords are extremely important for any SEO, but that isn’t the first step. Before anything, make a list of topics you would like to cover from the first month and further.
- Note down all long-tail keywords – Now that you’ve made a list of topics and figured out short-tail keywords, it’s time you make a list of long-tail keywords around those topics. These long-tail keywords are vital for digging deeper into the topic.
- Create pages for each topic – Putting all keywords and compressing the entire content into one page is arduous and not too effective. Consider creating pages for each topic you have selected in Step 1.
- Set up a blog – This is crucial if you want your website to rank higher on search engines. Every business must have a blog section. Blogging helps you elaborate on the subtopics, and creating a separate page for every topic increases the chance of appearing in the search list.
These four tips will help you get your foot into the SEO business. In the next blog, I will share some other tips that will help you build a reliable and result-oriented SEO strategy.